An updated resource from the ACSM American Fitness Index (AFI) program is now available for individuals from communities not included in the AFI Data Report. The My AFI Community Application Toolkit enables those individuals to apply the AFI approach and assess their own level of community fitness and build understanding of the individual and societal behaviors related to physical activity in their community.
The toolkit guides individuals through seven steps of data collection and analysis:
- Identify comparison communities.
- Describe the communities.
- Search for Personal Health Indicators.
- Consider the option of a Mini My AFI.
- Assess community’s relative areas of excellence and improvement priority areas.
- Use My AFI profile to advocate for improved fitness.
The new version also features updated data sources and writable PDFs assisting in the categorization of areas of excellence and improvement priority areas. Following the completion of the My AFI Community Application Toolkit, individuals will be able to identify where the greatest opportunities are to apply health improvement efforts in their community.
To receive the toolkit, please provide your name and email address here.